30.1.05

Why?

I was wondering why they call my condition being hung over? I think it's a pretty silly term, since I'm definitively not hung, and I'm not over anything - I'm much rather 'under' if I have to place myself anywhere at all...

In fact, none of the synonyms I found make more sense to me: aftereffect, big head (my head feels smaller), crapulence, crown fire, delirium tremens, drunkenness (nope, that was last night), DTs, feebles, head, headache (don't have to be hung over to get that), morning after, shakes (isn't that what I was doing last night? - At least I've got a few sore muscles from exessive dancing), shot (well, I AM feeling a bit bad, but I didn't get shot!) and willies.

I think the term we have in Icelandic is much better, when you're suffering from that condition you're simply "þunnur" -or thin (as in diluted). I think that much better explains how I feel.

___________________________

So anyway, last night was a lot of fun (hence my present condition)! I got to sing my heart out to a bunch of people who were too drunk to notice my splendid singing voice. I rocked the house *rain in nose* with John C. Mellencamp's "Hurts so good" and Scorpions' "Still loving you", accompanied by a little "Whiskey in the jar" and a nice ballad I've forgotten by now (perhaps just as well). I flirted heavily with the bartender which resulted in a great discount off a few Fisherman's Friend shots - which again resulted in me lying on the sofa with 2 liters of orange juice and a bucket of painkillers to munch on...

Well I won't keep it longer for now, I'm going to get a guestbook post going here (thanks for the great idea, Quicky), later folks!


Engin ummæli: