8.3.05

Blogblock

I guess I've been suffering from a blogblock lately, haven't really had anything interesting to say... but I got so tired of coming into my blog and constantly seeing the same post all the time, so I decided to suck it up and try to say something now.

So... I thought I'd tell you about the trip I'm planning this summer! Yep, The-Lil is going international! It'll be a trans-Atlantic trip, since I'll be visiting a sweet friend of mine (who I met in my new home) in Quebec, Canada. And seeing as how I live in this crap of an island where one airline has monopoly of the whole market, I'll probably have to take a few trips to the nearest street corner to pay for the fun...
Thing is, the ticket will cost me 1.541 USD (or 1.165 EUR, 804 GBP, 93.500 ISK, 1.898 CAD, 8.675 DKK, 9.583 NOK, 10.537 SEK, 1.805 CHF or 161.736 JPY - which ever currency you like thinking in), and for a regular Jane like myself that's a considerable amount of money... Anyway, I'm guessing I'll manage it somehow, so I've actually started looking forward to it :D I'll be going there on the 25th of June and returning back home to boring ol' Iceland on the 9th of July if things go according to plan.
So I'll have full two weeks of fun over there! The plan is to do all kinds of silly things, like eat something called "poutine", which has been described as a "heart-attack in a bowl"... Don't really know how that's gonna turn out, I've seen pictures of that stuff and it really only looks like something that somebody already ate and then got out of his system, rather than something that's ready to be eaten! But anyway, I think it'll be an interesting experience :D If you want to know more about that stuff you can read up on it here, here and here. ;)
Other than that, we really haven't planned much. There's a Jazz festival there that I'm really looking forward to checking out, some fireworks show or something like that and of course July 1st (Canada day). I have no doubts my friend will come up with plenty of fun stuff for us to do while I'm there. And who knows, perhaps I'll even learn a little French...?!

2 ummæli:

Mike Todd sagði...

That's a lot of dough! You should, like, eat some maple syrup and hockey pucks while you're there.

I like that fastonlineusers thing at the bottom of your page, too. I think I'll snag one of those for my page.

Pjusken sagði...

Hey there Mikey! Feel free to steal whatever you like!